Saturday, February 23, 2013
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
3dCart Quick Fix: How To Hide Price Info On Product Listings and Set Pricing Options By Size
How do you hide the price on the product listing page to enable customers to select products and pricing by size instead?
One of LucidStream's clients wanted to list each of their off-road tires as one product but have their customers easily select the appropriate size with accurate pricing displayed for each size.
Here’s how to hide the price on the product listing page for a product in 3dCart and set product options by size so that customers must select pricing from options.
- Log into your 3dCart online store manager.
- Select Products>View/Edit to add a new product or edit an existing product.
- In an individual product, click the Advanced tab
- Enter the short message that you want to appear instead of price in the Display Text field. In this example, the store owner has entered "varies by size"
- Click the Save button before you leave the page so that your changes are saved.
- To set your product options and pricing, click the Options tab.
- Then click Add Option.
- Give your options a name. In this example, we've added the text, "Size."
- Since there's no pricing other than options, we checked the "Req." box to make selection of an option a required action. A customer must now select a size and price option to buy this product.
- By "Type" which refers to how the options will be displayed on the product listing page, we've selected "Radio."
- Click the "Add" button.
- Next, under the option you've just added, click "Add Option."
- Under "Description," add the individual product size.
- Assign a dollar amount in the "Value" field.
- If you need to add a part number, you can add it in the "Part#" field.
- Click the "Add" button.
- Your product will now look like this example, below.
- Instead of price information, your customers will see the text you entered in the Advanced tab under "Display Text."
- Customers will be required to select one of the options you set in the Options tab.
This article was written by Shana Whitmarsh at LucidStream. We're certified 3dCart Design Partners. If you have questions about 3dCart e-commerce stores and how to set up products and options, please call us at 888-508-0575.
Tuesday, February 21, 2012
LucidStream Online Video Production: Horse Racing Software Game Demo
We enjoyed producing this demo video for RaceQuesthttp://youtu.be/IIhP4NC1tbY. Their online game is a fun, interactive way to learn how to handicap horse races using real stats and video from actual horse races. The data and video comes from tracks around the U.S., so you can choose to play a race from your favorite track. You can also select from a range of races types. Go to the RaceQuest website for a free account and play the free game mode, which has an informative step-by-step guide. The demo video is a short introduction to this game, which is packed with information and features to help new beginners and more advanced players become better and more confident handicappers. RaceQuest is very well laid-out and it's easy for all ages to use.
Post by Shana Whitmarsh